Email is a critical communication tool for businesses, making email security a top priority. With the increasing number of cyber threats, choosing a secure email hosting service has become essential.
In this article, we will explore some of the most secure email hosting services available in the market, including the most secure file hosting service and the most secure WordPress hosting service.
Tutanota is a German-based, open-source email service that prioritizes user privacy, boasting 2 million users. Tutanota uses automatic end-to-end encryption to ensure the highest level of data security.
Though Tutanota offers 1 GB of free email storage, the cheapest premium plan, 60 EUR annually for 10 GB, could be considered expensive. Moreover, Tutanota does not offer support for PGP. Yet, Tutanota's source code is licensed under GPL v3, allowing for complete transparency and customization options.
● Strong security policies.
● 1 GB of free storage.
● Open-source and licensed under GPL v3.
● No PGP support.
● Costly premium plans for extra storage.
HubSpot's email security tools offer a high level of protection, making it a strong contender for the most secure WordPress hosting service. It offers an all-in-one business solution, including email hosting, marketing services, customer support, and content management.
Their email security tools employ multiple security measures to protect user data, including SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and BIMI authentication standards. Personal data is encrypted during transmission and storage, and top security measures prevent unauthorized access to their network.
HubSpot's email tool allows for two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO) for enterprises. Their suite of tools includes a CRM solution and data sync with marketing, sales, and service hubs.
● Multiple email authentication standards (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and BIMI).
● Encryption of personal data during transmission and storage.
● Two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO).
● All-in-one CRM solution.
● Data sync with marketing, sales, and service hubs.
● Starter: $45/month, includes 1,000 marketing contacts
● Enterprise: $3,200/month, includes 10,000 marketing contacts
● Professional: $800/month, includes 2,000 marketing contacts
● Free tools available
ProtonMail, a highly-rated secure email provider, was founded in 2014 by Andy Yen, Jason Stockman, and Wei Sun at the CERN research facility. The company is based in the Canton of Geneva and operates servers at two locations in Switzerland, outside the reach of EU and US jurisdictions and protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
ProtonMail is known for its end-to-end encryption, which automatically secures all incoming and outgoing emails, including from ProtonMail. No personal information is required to create a secure email account, and ProtonMail does not keep any IP logs that could be traced to the account.
● Strong no-logs policy.
● Highly reliable.
● Limited customer service.
Hushmail, founded by Cliff Baltzley in 1999, is a Canadian encrypted web-based email service providing PGP-encrypted emails with OpenPGP standards. It serves individual and business customers and has recently released a secure iPhone app that supports two-step verification, Touch ID, and multiple accounts and aliases.
● Has a secure iPhone app with Touch ID support.
● Provides secure and encrypted emails with OpenPGP standards.
● Allows auto-reply and auto-forwarding.
● Occasionally experiences accessibility issues, which could be frustrating when it's the only email provider.
● Offers limited storage space for free users, with only 25 MB.
Mailfence is a highly secure email hosting service prioritizes privacy and data protection. It features end-to-end encryption, digital signatures, and adherence to Belgian privacy protection laws. Mailfence does not use third-party advertising or marketing trackers and is entirely ad-free.
While it is not open source, it offers customizable business plans and supports cryptocurrency payments. The user interface of Mailfence is similar to Microsoft Outlook and provides additional email-related services like contacts, calendars, and document storage.
● Strong focus on privacy and data protection.
● Accepts Cryptocurrencies.
● End-to-end encryption and digital signatures.
● Customizable business plans.
● Ad-free and does not use third-party trackers.
● Not open source
● Based in a jurisdiction under the 14 Eyes surveillance alliance
Mailbox.org is a secure and eco-friendly email service that provides encrypted cloud storage, video conferencing, an address book, a calendar, and a task planner. This service is ideal for business users looking for a secure alternative to Google or Microsoft tools.
Mailbox.org uses PGP encryption, which is a standard for email encryption. Despite having no free plan, it is relatively affordable, and users can register and make payments anonymously. Mailbox.org is among the most secure WordPress hosting service that offers a range of features to suit the needs of business users.
● Server based in Germany.
● Encrypted cloud storage.
● Powered by eco-friendly energy.
● Video conferencing.
● PGP encryption for email.
● Address book, calendar, and task planner.
● Standard: €3/month for 10 GB mail and 5 GB cloud storage.
● Premium: €9/month for 25 GB mail and 50 GB cloud storage.
● Light: €1/month for 2 GB mail storage, no cloud storage.
CounterMail offers free, secure email services, providing users with absolute transparency and automatic end-to-end encryption that utilizes 4096-bit encryption keys.
CounterMail's servers are diskless, offering users maximum privacy. While CounterMail's Swedish-based jurisdiction falls under the 14 Eyes agreement, the service can delete private keys from its servers and store them locally on user devices. However, CounterMail does store credit card information for 14 days.
● Diskless servers for maximum security.
● Based in Sweden under 14 Eyes jurisdiction.
● Stores credit card information for 14 days.
Librem Mail is a secure, end-to-end encrypted email service based on K-9 Mail, which integrates OpenPGP to enhance its security features. Although it is the latest addition to Purism's Libre One privacy-focused service suite, Librem Mail suffers from occasional and severe crashes.
As a result, we recommend that non-Libre One users wait for bug fixes before adopting the service.
● Utilizes OpenPGP encryption for added security.
● Based on the reliable K-9 Mail application.
● Unpolished and needs a polished user interface.
● Experiences frequent and disruptive crashes.
In conclusion, choosing a secure email hosting service is crucial for any business. The most secure email hosting services offer various security measures, including encryption, spam filtering, and two-factor authentication.
While there are many options available, the most secure file hosting service and the most secure WordPress hosting service are two of the best choices in the market.
Businesses can protect themselves and their customers from data breaches and cyber-attacks by choosing a secure email hosting service, ensuring peace of mind and continued success.