Email is a critical communication tool for businesses, making email security a top priority. With the increasing number of cyber threats, choosing a secure email hosting service has become essential.
In this article, we will explore some of the most secure email hosting services available in the market, including the most secure file hosting service and the most secure WordPress hosting service.
Tutanota is a German-based, open-source email service that prioritizes user privacy, boasting 2 million users. Tutanota uses automatic end-to-end encryption to ensure the highest level of data security.
Though Tutanota offers 1 GB of free email storage, the cheapest premium plan, 60 EUR annually for 10 GB, could be considered expensive. Moreover, Tutanota does not offer support for PGP. Yet, Tutanota's source code is licensed under GPL v3, allowing for complete transparency and customization options.
● Strong security policies.
● 1 GB of free storage.
● Open-source and licensed under GPL v3.
● No PGP support.
● Costly premium plans for extra storage.
HubSpot's email security tools offer a high level of protection, making it a strong contender for the most secure WordPress hosting service. It offers an all-in-one business solution, including email hosting, marketing services, customer support, and content management.
Their email security tools employ multiple security measures to protect user data, including SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and BIMI authentication standards. Personal data is encrypted during transmission and storage, and top security measures prevent unauthorized access to their network.
HubSpot's email tool allows for two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO) for enterprises. Their suite of tools includes a CRM solution and data sync with marketing, sales, and service hubs.
● Multiple email authentication standards (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and BIMI).
● Encryption of personal data during transmission and storage.
● Two-factor authentication (2FA) and single sign-on (SSO).
● All-in-one CRM solution.
● Data sync with marketing, sales, and service hubs.
● Starter: $45/month, includes 1,000 marketing contacts
● Enterprise: $3,200/month, includes 10,000 marketing contacts
● Professional: $800/month, includes 2,000 marketing contacts
● Free tools available
ProtonMail, a highly-rated secure email provider, was founded in 2014 by Andy Yen, Jason Stockman, and Wei Sun at the CERN research facility. The company is based in the Canton of Geneva and operates servers at two locations in Switzerland, outside the reach of EU and US jurisdictions and protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
ProtonMail is known for its end-to-end encryption, which automatically secures all incoming and outgoing emails, including from ProtonMail. No personal information is required to create a secure email account, and ProtonMail does not keep any IP logs that could be traced to the account.
● Strong no-logs policy.
● Highly reliable.
● Limited customer service.
Hushmail, founded by Cliff Baltzley in 1999, is a Canadian encrypted web-based email service providing PGP-encrypted emails with OpenPGP standards. It serves individual and business customers and has recently released a secure iPhone app that supports two-step verification, Touch ID, and multiple accounts and aliases.
● Has a secure iPhone app with Touch ID support.
● Provides secure and encrypted emails with OpenPGP standards.
● Allows auto-reply and auto-forwarding.